Lucas Alario is 50-50 over possible big money move to China

Alario of Argentina's River Plate reacts after he scored a goal against Mexico's Tigres during their second leg of their Copa Libertadores final soccer match at Monumental stadium in Buenos Aires

It may not be the dream transfer away from River Plate that Lucas Alario dreamed of after breaking into the Argentina squad but the 24-year-old is given serious thought to a big offer from China and admits that it’s a proposal that requires analysis.

The Chinese Super League club has not been named but it has been known for some days now that Alario’s €18 million release clause has been met and the decision is with the striker and River.

“I haven’t made a decision yet,” Alario told reporters at River’s training ground on Wednesday.

“I will speak between today and tomorrow with my family and my representative to make the best decision.

“River have given me a lot of things, I’m happy and I would like to stay but it’s an offer. If it is beneficial to me and the club, it will be done,” explained the highly regarded centre forward.

“I had a hard time sleeping last night. I’m 50-50.”

Alario’s prime goal scoring record and tendency to find the net in important matches for River not only earned him an Argentina debut but attracted the interest of the likes of Liverpool, Tottenham and Inter Milan. However, with none willing at this time to match the money being offered from China, El Flaco has a big decision to make.

One doubt for Alario is whether a transfer to China will see his involvement with the national team decrease and his father, who was interviewed this week on television, certainly held this view.

“I listen a lot to my dad and his advice is that I should stay, however, every offer that arrives must be evaluated.”

River would take 60% of any fee, with the remaining 40% to former club Colón but it is still a significant amount of money that no club in Argentina could really reject.

The Chinese Super League transfer window closes on Tuesday but Alario should make his decision known over the next 24 hours.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.