Before the Argentina squad head off for their Copa América opener next Saturday in Brazil, full-back Renzo Saravia has completed a €5 million move to Porto.
It has been a rapid rise for Saravia who was overlooked by Diego Cocca when arriving at Racing Club in 2017 from Belgrano to becoming a key part of Eduardo Coudet’s title winning side and now completing a European transfer as Argentina’s first choice right-back.
Speculation of Porto’s offer had been rife over the past week and following Argentina’s comfortable friendly win over Nicaragua on Friday, the Portuguese club confirmed that Saravia had signed a deal until 2023.
“The truth is that I have over the moon to be part of this incredible club,” Saravia told the club’s official Twitter on Saturday.
“I spoke with Licha [Lisandro López] and he told me wonderful things. I’m really looking forward to succeeding, developing and enjoying the beautiful club and the beautiful city.”
— FC Porto (@FCPorto) June 8, 2019