Last gasp win for Unión over Lanús, Godoy Cruz claim entertaining point in Rosario & rain halts play in Tucumán (MONDAY’S HIGHLIGHTS)

Unión twice came from behind against Lanús to eventually claim a first win of the season deep in stoppage time.

Following back-to-back wins Lanús were in Santa Fe hoping to keep pace with Vélez at the top of Group B and maintain their 100% record. El Granate made a good start with Nicolás Orsini heading in an Alexander Bernabei cross after quarter of an hour.

Juan Manuel García equalised before Orsini was sent tumbling in the box allowing José Sand to restore Lanús’ lead from the penalty spot. Almost immediately García levelled it again with a simple header past an uncharacteristically uncertain Lautaro Morales.

In the closing minutes Lanús had a strong shout for a second penalty waved away and it was instead Unión that broke up the end and snatched the points thanks to 19-year-old Daniel Juárez’s stinging shot.

In Rosario, the points were shared between Central and Godoy Cruz.

Renzo Tesuri’s wonderful lob from almost halfway after only three minutes gave Godoy Cruz the lead but a quick-fire double quickly turned things around in favour of the home side. A handball gave Emiliano Vecchio the chance to equalise from the penalty spot and the captain’s cross was superbly headed in by Mexican-born youngster Luca Martinez Dupuy.

Tesuri grabbed his second of the game to level it just after the hour mark and Godoy Cruz may well feel aggrieved by referee Diego Abal not sending off Central goalkeeper Jorge Broun for a deliberate handball outside his penalty box when the visitors were poised to add a third.

Torrential rain eventually put an end to Atlético Tucumán clash with Huracán with the score locked at 1-1.

Augusto Lotti gave Atlético a scrappy lead before Lucas Merolla headed Huracán level and an eventful first half saw the home side reduced to ten men when Cristian Erbes was shown a second yellow card for diving.

Things got worse for el Decano in the second half when Marcelo Ortiz followed Erbes for an early bath yet even with nine men it remained 1-1 until the worsening pitch and a power cut put an end to the game. With a little under 20 minutes still to play both sides will meet to play the remainder and Huracán will be hopeful they can take advantage.